COURSE: BASIC ACCOUNTING FOR ENTREPRENEURS
Instructor: Yvonne Hobbs
Textbook (IF REQUIRED): No Textbook needed (handout will be provided)
Course Prerequisites (IF REQUIRED): NONE
Other Materials (IF REQUIRED): Materials will be provided
Basic Accounting for Entrepreneurs course will give entrepreneurs an understanding of how to properly keep good records (books) for their business.
Users will learn how to properly post entries, when untrained people attempt their own bookkeeping; it’s usually the Debits and Credits that mess them up. It’s called double-entry bookkeeping for a reason, and will give users the general knowledge of Double-entry accounting, posting debit and credit correctly.
Goals and Objectives
As a result of participation in this course, learners will:
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Using QuickBooks software – Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials
- Generate/Create financial statements to include Profit and Loss statement and the Balance Sheet.
- Users will learn how to implement cloud technology for online storage and retrieval.