Target Student: Students seeking a comprehensive understanding of basic accounting using QuickBooks accounting software. Equally effective for small business offices and entrepreneurs.
Statistics: According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in 2012, the annual mean salary for bookkeepers was $35,200 with projected industry growth of 8-14% between 2012 and 2022.
Online job data available at: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/43-3031.00
What are some potential job titles?
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
Certificate Program Description
Do you need to upgrade your bookkeeping skills? This comprehensive certificate gives learners a basic understanding of accounting principles and how to apply them throughout every step of the accounting process using QuickBooks accounting software. Students will work through the accounting cycle covering customers, vendors, inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and more. Tuition includes handouts, a cloud drive, and a 1-year trial version of QuickBooks Pro software or QuickBooks Online account.
Suggested Classes in Series (3 or more)
- Accounting Basics (4 sessions, 3 hours per session) – 12 Hours
- QuickBooks Level I (8 sessions, 3 hours per session) – 24 Hours
- QuickBooks Level II (8 sessions, 3 hours per session) – 24 Hours
- Payroll Accounting (8 sessions, 3 hours per session) – 24 Hours
- Excel Level 1 (4 sessions, 3 hours per session) – 12 Hours
Total Hours – 96 Hours
- $4,320.00 for Series (depending on how many courses you offer)
- $540.00 for Accounting Basics or Excel Level 1 as standalone classes
- $1,080.00 for QuickBooks 1 & 2, or Payroll Accounting, as standalone classes
Suggested Books for Classes
We recommend you review the following items for this certificate, click here.
- Accounting Basics: An Introduction for Non-Accounting Majors
- QuickBooks Pro 2016, 2017 or 2018: Comprehensive (full color, certified by Intuit) OR QuickBooks Level 1 and Level 2 (black & white, not certified)
- Payroll Accounting: A Practical, Real-World Approach – 3rd edition
- Excel Level 1 (2013, 2016) – Integrated with Office 365
- PowerPoint Overviews for all book chapters
- Pre/Post class assessments
- Hands-on Project Based Exercises
- Certificate of achievement