Bookkeeping Payroll Accounting Clerk
Designed to provide training for an entry-level accounting and/or payroll specialist position. The certificate earned will indicate to an existing or prospective employer that the participant has both the manual and computerized exposure to basic accounting principles, together with other essential knowledge and skills.
Training can begin today! You will arrange your training lab sessions and class schedule to suit your learning style by establishing times that work for you, your job, and your family.
Learn fundamental skills and basic knowledge in the area of business payroll. This course is primarily in the following areas:
- Payroll and personnel record keeping,
- calculation of gross pay using various methods,
- calculation of Social Security and Medicare taxes,
- calculation of federal and state income taxes,
- calculation of federal and state unemployment taxes,
- journalizing and posting payroll entries, and completing various federal and state forms.
Prerequisites: – Introduction to Accounting